Caviro Soc. Coop. Agricola has been certified according to the SA8000: 2014 standard.
The SA 8000 standard is an international certification standard drawn up by the CEPAA (Council of the Economic Priorities Accreditation Agency) with the aim of improving working conditions worldwide and above all enables the definition of a standard that can be verified by Certification Bodies. The standard combines the principles established by other international documents such as:
- ILO Conventions (International Labor Organization);
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights;
- International Convention on the Rights of the Child;
- UN Convention on the Elimination of all Forms of Discrimination against Women.
The implementation of a SA8000 management system requires the commitment and compliance with the following principles of social responsibility:
- no use or support of child labor;
- no use or support for “forced or compulsory labor”;
- provide a safe and healthy workplace; prevent potential occupational accidents for all personnel;
- respect the right of all personnel to form, join and organize trade unions of their choice and bargain collectively with their employer;
- no implementation or support for any type of discrimination;
- no implementation or support for disciplinary procedures such as corporal punishment, mental or physical abuse of personnel, verbal abuse;
- compliance with international laws and agreements, national and local laws pertaining to work hours and public holidays;
- to remunerate employees respecting the national collective labor agreement and the supplementary company contract, where present;
- implement a management system compliant with the requirements of the SA 8000 standard
- CAVIRO s.c.a. has adopted an Integrated Environment, Safety and Social Responsibility Policy which transposes the international conventions on the rights of men and workers
Any violation or suspicion of violation of the principles of the SA8000 Standard and/or any other information pertaining to the implementation of the principles of the standard, can be reported to the Social Performance Team (SPT) of Caviro Soc. Coop. Agricola.
The information can be submitted on paper to the following address:
Caviro Soc. Coop. Agricola
Social Performance Team
Via Convertite, 12
48018 Faenza (RA)
Or by e-mail to the following e-mail address: